How Healthy are your Lightening Habits?
Keeping your hair healthy can be a challenge to begin with, adding in chemical services like lightening to your routine can make keeping your hair healthy even harder.
At Lords & Ladies maintaining your hair’s integrity is key. We pride ourselves on educating our team on the best ways to lighten hair using a variety of techniques depending on each unique situation.
Here are tips to clear up some common misconceptions about lightening your hair.
There are very few “one hit wonders”- An important thing to remember when lightning is to do it in stages. Understand that taking hair that is very dark to very light can be compromising but when done in stages damage can be drastically minimized. Your stylist must understand how to evaluate the hair in order to plan the best course of action. Every head of hair is different which is also why results vary from person to person. Pictures help your stylist understand the look you want to achieve and understanding what is most important for you, but it’s important to have realistic expectations about the results from one sitting.
Hair History- This is so important, being honest with your stylist about what you have used in the past can make a huge difference in the end product! For example, we don’t care if you have used box color in the past, we just need to know so we can prevent an adverse chemical reaction with the professional products we plan to use.
In Salon Treatments- In salon treatments are an incredible add on service! We use L’Oréal Smartbond and Power Mixers along with Kerastase Fusio Dose to replenish and revitalize nutrients and moisture your hair may be lacking, especially after a color treatment. These personalized treatments are cocktailed to meet the demands of your hair!
Haircuts- Getting a trim every 4-6 weeks is the best way to grow out those blond locks, even though you want it to get nice and long, not cutting it can actually cause more to break off. Think of your hair strand like the end of a rope, if it starts to fray it will continue to frey the whole way up, cutting off that little frayed end can prevent further damage throughout the strand.
At Home Care- What happens at home matters! It is so important to consult a professional on the best take home care products to keep your hair healthy. Our stylists are trained in the premium product lines we carry and understand the delicate balance between ingredients in the different products, vs what your hair needs. This was a huge reason behind creating our product line L2, by formulating our own line we were able to address the specific needs we saw in the salon. Our Vivid Shampoo and Conditioner are the first in the U.S to be a semi permanent at home toner. Along with the purple tones both products are specifically formulated to add elasticity blonde hair lacks back into the hair strand to keep it from snapping.
Routine- There’s more to maintaining healthy locks than just using a great shampoo and conditioner. Are you heat styling multiple times per week or even everyday? Does your hair have a lot of sun exposure? What type of water do you have in your home? Do you often pull your hair back in a ponytail or bun? Letting your stylist know what your at home routine can help them recommend the best styling aids for you as well as give you information about how to protect your beautiful hair. A leave in conditioner like our L2 Tens with Benefits can replenish, seal, and protect the hair from the elements. Getting a regimine to fit your lifestyle as well as your #hairgoals is imperative for your hair’s health and your hair happiness!
Our Summer Blonde MUST HAVES!
- For blonde or gray hair.
- First in the USA to be a semi permanent shampoo and conditioner to tone the hair at home. It wears or tones the hair through more than one shampoo.
- Antistatic and resistant to breakage, gives blondes more elasticity that they’re lacking.
- Anti Color Fade Protection (Sunflower Seed Oil)- UVA/UVB
- For blonde or gray hair.
- Anti Color Fade Protection (Pomegranate Antioxidant)- shielding chemical buildup.
- FD&C Violet is a blue based color to remove more brassy tones from the hair and is derived from pomegranate and other natural ingredients.
Tens with Benefits
- Balances hair’s elasticity, provides manageability and equalizes porosity.
- Protein sealer
- Conditioning treatment with essential oils
- Repairs damage
- Leave in detangler
- Adds moisture
- Helps dry scalp issues
- Adds shine
- Adds body and thickness
- Thermal protection up to 420*
Tame and Shine
- A lightweight moisturizing oil for all hair types.
- Smoothes and seals the cuticle adding shine and controlling frizz.
- Controls breakage and split ends.
- Hydrolyzed Keratin- rebuilding strength in the hair.
- Orange Peel Oil- for aroma and moisture.
- Grapeseed Oil- natural UVA/UVB protection for the hair.
Blow Me Away
- Lightweight blow dry cream.
- Thermal protection up to 400*.
- Reactivates with heat or hot tools.
- Beeswax- softening and conditioning hair like our lighteners do. Mends and seals cuticle which is great for long hair and split ends.
- Biotin- a B vitamin complex which contains natural fatty acids found within hair naturally.
- Restorative to suffering hair.
- Protein- Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Pea Protein.